About FamilySAFE Shelters
In 1998, in an effort to protect our own families from the severe weather without having to exit the home, a new idea and design for a tornado shelter was born. Not being able to find anything that would work, the above-ground steel shelter was born. As the pioneer of the above-ground steel shelter, we began working directly with Texas Tech University and the HILTI anchorage company to assure what we were designing would withstand any and all tornadoes that have ever existed, including the F5.
Today, that passion is still with us, and we use it to assure that we are building and installing the absolute best tornado and storm shelters in the industry today. All FamilySAFE has ever done is storm shelters, so we have mastered all that it takes to get the job done properly. It is our life and driving force, and we will not cut any corners on our shelters or the way they are installed. Every FamilySAFE storm shelter is engineered, tested, and certified and will be installed ONLY by our HILTI trained and certified FamilySAFE installers. We are the most experienced above ground shelter company in the US. We are proud of the fact that we have had over a dozen FamilySAFE tornado safe rooms and shelters that are able to survive direct hits from EF4s and EF5 tornadoes and have never even been dented. Other than trying to save a couple of dollars, there is no reason to buy any other shelter.
What makes FamilySAFE so different? Here is just a small list of what makes FamilySAFE the best in the industry:
- The most experienced and oldest, above-ground steel shelter company in the US.
- 13 shelters survive direct hits from 11 different EF4 & EF5 tornadoes.None have ever even received a dent.
- We are the only tornado shelter company that ever allowed a person inside a unit while under testing. Our storm shelters are that trustworthy.
- Over 20,000 storm shelters installed, and never one complaint ever filed with the BBB.
- The only company with a written letter of endorsement from the HILTI anchorage company.
- Patent pending, no pinch door design makes being trapped inside almost impossible.
- The most experienced tornado shelter installers trained by the HILTI anchor company directly.
- Residential tornado shelters, commercial tornado shelters, and military tornado shelters are all available here at FamilySAFE Shelters.
These are just some of the reasons that set FamilySAFE apart from anyone else in the industry today. Contact FamilySAFE Shelters to get a free quote for your custom storm shelter today.
In 1998, when we started searching for a reliable above-ground tornado shelter option for our own family, we couldn’t find one. Soon after, the FamilySAFE shelter was born. As one of the pioneers in the steel above ground tornado shelters, we began working directly with the engineers at Texas Tech University to assure that we were building F5 storm shelters. It has been a driving passion to keep the FamilySAFE tornado shelter and the FamilySAFE company the best in the industry. We were one of, if not the first, complete above ground prefabricated safe room to pass all testing performed at Texas Tech University. In the year 2000, FamilySAFE was the runner up in the Better Business Bureau’s award for marketplace ethics, and we are proud to have a written letter of endorsement from the HILTI anchorage company.
All FamilySAFE’s rooms have certified drawings stamped by several independent engineers and are built by our certified welders in our own shop.
We also carry full workmans comp and liability insurance.
Where Do We Install?
We install storm shelters all across the United States, but we started in Tulsa, Oklahoma. FamilySAFE now has storm shelter dealers all across the US. We have first-hand experience with storms and when you choose a FamilySAFE storm shelters and safe rooms, you can rest assured knowing you have the very best tornado shelter on your property. We’ve installed shelters in Tulsa, Joplin, Kansas City, Little Rock, Dallas and many other places!
Click on images to view larger.